Source: Click Here
“While there is a fair amount of good scientific news regarding vaping products lately, our rights and freedom as vapers are being eroded. We are launching a grass roots movement to find like minded individuals and form an organization dedicated to advocating vaper’s rights in Canada. We need to get involved. We need to make a difference. We need to ensure that vapers are heard and current research showing the effectiveness, quality and safety of vaping products are properly presented.”
- THRA is the Canadian advocates for vaper’s rights
- THRA was formed in 2014 by former members of the now defunct CAVR advocacy group to raise awareness and protect our right to access tobacco alternatives.
- THRA was created as an answer to the anti-vaping lobby efforts to ban tobacco harm reduction products and in the belief that there is strength in joining individuals together.
- THRA is not a vendor trade organization.
- The initial structure will be an appointed 5-member board of directors.
- THRA board of director members will be all volunteers and receive no financial compensation.
- THRA bylaws will limit the number of vendors allowed to 1/4 or less to prevent industry interests having a majority vote.
- THRA will be a federally registered non-profit organization.
- Although donations to THRA will be accepted from many sources, THRA will have no financial or policy agreements with the electronic cigarette, tobacco or pharmaceutical industries.
- THRA maintains a web site at THRA.ca | The Tobacco Harm Reduction Association of Canada – for the purpose of providing access for members and the general public to articles, research studies, petitions, legal actions, pending legislation and educational materials regarding electronic cigarettes.