We have received confirmation and schedule information for our slot to provide witness for the Senate Standing Committee on Social Affairs, Science and Technology (SOCI) on Senate Bill S-5, An Act to amend the Tobacco Act and the Non-smokers’ Health Act and to make consequential amendments to other Acts.
Two panels have been scheduled for April 6, 2017. The ECTA is presenting in Panel 1.
We have been slated for Panel 1 of the day on April 6, 2017 from
Panel 1 (10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.)
- Daniel David, Chairman – The Electronic Cigarette Trade Association of Canada
- D. Meshaila Sinnis, Board Member – Canadian Vaping Association
Panel 2 (11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.)
- Eric Gagnon, Director, Government and Regulatory Affairs – Imperial Tobacco Canada Ltd
- Peter Luongo, Managing Director – Rothmans, Benson & Hedges Inc.
- Michael Klander, Director of Corporate Affairs – Rothmans, Benson & Hedges Inc.
A webcast will be available here: http://senparlvu.parl.gc.ca/XRender/en
The full schedule of presenters will be seen here, as they come available: https://sencanada.ca/en/Committees/soci/MeetingSchedule/42-1
Confirmation email below:Bill S-5 SOCI Committee - Confirmation Email