The City of Prince George, BC will implement Bylaw 8591, 2016, Smoke and Vape Free Places on May 1st, 2017.
It is proposed that a person must not smoke or vapourize:
- in a vehicle for hire;
- in, or within six (6) metres of, an enclosed or partially enclosed shelter where persons wait to board a vehicle for hire or public transit;
- within six (6) metres of a sign post or sign designating a place where persons wait to board a vehicle for hire or public transit;
- within six (6) metres measured on the ground from a point directly below any point of any opening into any building including any door or window that opens or any air intake;
- in a customer service area;
- within six (6) metres of the perimeter of a customer service area;
- on, or within twenty-five (25) metres of, any outdoor sport facility or playground;
- within an open space area;
- in a place of public assembly;
- in a building, premises or facility that is owned or leased by the City, other than a rented dwelling; or
- a hospital or health clinic.